Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen resolution problem

• Please log in to reply

calgar

calgar

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a mesh computer with a nvidia 8600gt graphics controller andan Edge 10 w223 the screen maximum resolution is 1680 x 1050. When i first purchase the machine a few months ago the screen settings were 800 x 600 i adjusted this to 1680 x 1050 i then had an error come up stating screen out of range i set the frequency to 60 and all was fine, i switch my computer on today and the screen is as follows the now has a line which is running top to bottom and about 4 inches wide about two inches offset from centre to the right The left hand side of the screen which shows start menue is now displayed on the right hand side of this black area and the left hand side of the screen is now on the left of this bar. Its as if the screen has been cut in half and wapped round with this black area in between. T he system will work ok on 1400 x 900 resolution at 60 HTZ ANY HELP SUGGESTION WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL BEFORE I SPEAK TO MESH AS THEY ARE NOT VERY FORTHCOMMING WHEN APPROACHED.

Advertisements

Makaveli213

Makaveli213

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • MVP
Hello,

Have you updated your GFX Drivers? Have you checked the temps on your GFX card?

Cheers,
Mak

calgar

calgar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
windows says that my drivers r up to date mesh told me to load a new driver but i am ubsure as they also told me to look up updates for directx9 when i am running directx 10 what r the temps sorry not that bright