Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan-spy O.K. now But...

• Please log in to reply

mughal

mughal

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hey Guys, First off I just want to say this site is amazing! and I'll be making a small donation soon towards this site. Keep it up and you'll also be getting free advertising through my email list send outs.

Anyhow, with that said, I had the trojan-spy virus, but I followed the steps to remove it by reading one of the forum topics. Everything including the blue desktop background screen got fixed, but I just have a small problem that still remains.

Once I log into the my XP environment, my internet explorer pops up? It doesn't show me that "blank" homepage problem I had as that is fixed now or any advertisments, it just shows what it supose to show the hopepage as, my MSN.com hompage which is fine but it just pops up at the start of log in when I didn't say to do so. Why is this happening? is it just a config I have to do, or is it still a virus or bug I have to clean?

I did a full system scan after the fact once everything was O.K. and no infections or misc programs were found. I'm not a computer wiz so please be gentle...:-) :tazz:

Advertisements