Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply

lavender01

lavender01

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
This happened last night. I am at work now - hope someone can answer this before I go home today - because I can't bring the computer up. Here is the message that is on the blue screen. I can't get into windows at all - safe mode or any other.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the 1st time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.

Disable or uninstall any anit-virus, disk defrag or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers, run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart computer.

Technical Information

stop: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x825532B8, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello lavender01,

Do you have a Win XP recovery cd that came with the system? If so then you can boot to the recovery console and try running the chkdsk command.

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
0x00000024 : http://support.micro...=228888&sd=RMVP

Check disk from the Recovery Console: http://www.geekstogo...xp-t131922.html

lavender01

lavender01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
no I don't have one - a friend of my son's is looking over it right now. Thanks!