Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse won't click on ANYTHING!

• Please log in to reply

TiffanyLS

TiffanyLS

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am on an imac running OS 10.4.11 I have two administrator accounts on this mac. One of the admin accounts works just fine, no problems, but the other mac account won't let me click on ANYTHING! It reads that the mouse is there, in the dock it will enlarge whatever item the mouse is hovering over but I can't click on anything. I can't highlight anything on the desktop. I can do nothing in the account at all. I do not know how to transfer all items in that account to the working account, I do not know how to delete and recreate the account, etc... I honestly know nothing about macs and would like to get this computer fixed asap. Thanks for any help

Advertisements

macmaxbh

macmaxbh

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

I am on an imac running OS 10.4.11 I have two administrator accounts on this mac. One of the admin accounts works just fine, no problems, but the other mac account won't let me click on ANYTHING! It reads that the mouse is there, in the dock it will enlarge whatever item the mouse is hovering over but I can't click on anything. I can't highlight anything on the desktop. I can do nothing in the account at all. I do not know how to transfer all items in that account to the working account, I do not know how to delete and recreate the account, etc... I honestly know nothing about macs and would like to get this computer fixed asap. Thanks for any help

Hey TiffanyLS. You can delete accounts by going to your Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Accounts -> click on the account and click the little minus. Make sure to save the home folder, and then you can access all the files from the other account (you may need to adjust permissions if you can't open all the folders, which I can step you through).

That's a very odd problem, though. Just for my interest, could you log into the other account, attempt to click things, go to your hard drive -> Applications -> Utilities -> Console, then click "system.log", and see if there's anything talking about clicks or mice or pointing devices or drivers (or anything that happened when you were attempting to click). Or, you could just post up a bit of the log and let me sort it out.