Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Mass Storage Access Denied (FIXED)

• Please log in to reply

David Firestorm

David Firestorm

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Well [bleep] the tile says my PC (OS: windows xp pro) won't open USB mass storage devices, it says it has access denied. Funny thing is there was one that it would open but I can't find that one, the one I had a pendrive version of kubuntu in it. All others say the same thing access denied no matter on which of my USB slots (front, back or PCI) I place them on. Here are a few pictures of it:

Posted Image Posted Image

As you can see in both pictures the devices are recognized, I can add music or play music on the ipod from itunes, and the other device which has U3 installed you can see the U3 CD emulating part which I can open and run U# from it. So if anyone has an idea on how to fix this it is gladly accepted. :)

Thanks for all the help
DF

OK, I fixed the problem and here's how for those that might have the same problem.

Removed malware advice. If you encounter this issue, please post in our Malware forums.

Edited by sari, 11 September 2008 - 11:01 AM.

Advertisements