Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista 64-bit - is there a program that will allow flash videos

• Please log in to reply

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
My friends computer is Windows Vista in 64-bit and whenever on Internet Explorer he can't see youtube videos or hear the music on like www.last.fm or jango.com. It says he needs the plugin installed but when you click that, flash doesn't have an available plugin for 64-bit vista yet. I've heard something of Silverlight but we can't get that going either =P.

He uses firefox almost always, but a recent thing we have going is through IE so... kind of annoying. Thanks for any help.

-Tony

Advertisements

fluffybunny88

fluffybunny88

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I am running vista 64 bit and my computer has a 32 bit of IE on it, as well as a 64 bit. It installs fine on the 32 bit version of IE but not the 64 bit. The 32 bit version of internet explorer can be found in this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" The 64 bit version is in "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe". It is kind of a clunky work around to run 2 verisons of IE but it works.

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hrm, Idk. I guess he's only got 64 bit we'll just have to work around the problem until flash comes out with a 64-bit installer for Vista.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
He must have both. Install flash it should work 64 bit driver or no it works.

Also if it still doesn't work get firefox or opera as it definitely will work with flash and Vista. Its not a 64bit app but you don't actually need a 64bit browser you don't gain anything from it.