Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen

• Please log in to reply

topcarp2

topcarp2

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
ok ill start at the beginning and hope this helps
my pc has been running fine until the other day..i inserted a disc that contained photographs which were made in jessops from my digital camera..when i inserted the disc it asked me to install the jessops programme for viewing the pics which i did
no prolems were noticed until i shut the pc down for the day and restarted it the next morning
it took ages to load up then gave me the blue screen of death...this is what it said as it was performing a memory dump

KERNEL_DATE_INPAGE_ERROR
WIN 32K.SYS-ADDRESS BF917752 BASE AT BF800000-DATESTAMP 47e0e1o6

i switched the pc off as soon as it started the memory dump

i have run a malwarebytes anti-alware scan..ive also run a superantispyware scan and an adware se scan...these did find some corruptions and i cleared than all

can anyone tell me what to do next as i daren't shut he pc down incase i get the blue screen again
just as a matter of interest what is the memory dump that was going on and what would have happened if i let it complete the dump?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

topcarp2

topcarp2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
anyone?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Smartest thing to do is a system restore to before you installed the bad software form the photo CD.

kernel_date_inpage_errors indicate that it could be one of the following problems, memory could be going bad, bad disk sector, or a recent software download.

SRX660

topcarp2

topcarp2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
thankyou for the reply...i have removed the software and done a system restore
i have restarted the computer and done a chkdsk restarted it again and this time no blue screen but the pc took over 15 mins to start up..ive checked the mcsonfig and start up in system config and the only thing ticked in there is ccApp
if a memory card is suspect is there any way i can check it ?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Yes, download and run memtest86 to check your memory. Long bootup times suggest that windows is looking for a driver or software it cannot find.

http://www.memtest86.com/

Memtest CD:
Download the ISO current version to your PC.

-Extract the .zip file to a location that you know, like the Desktop or Downloads folder or next to the .zip file. You should end up with the file Memtest86.iso

*Note* If you have WinRAR (or similar) installed, it will look like an unzippable archive with nothing inside. Do not open it with WinRAR.

-Go to your favorite CD burning software, and choose to burn from an image file. Simply point to the memtest.iso file and hit the "burn" button.

Eg: Nero>Disk Image or Saved Project>[select the memtest iso file]Ok>Next etc.

-Insert a blank CD into the drive and let it do its magic.

-Presto, you have a memtest bootable CD. Simply leave the CD in the drive and boot from CD by pressing a key (if needed) then running the test.

If you continue to have problems.

How to generate a startup log using MSINFO32?

MSINFO32 displays a comprehensive view of your hardware, system components, and software environment. The log generated out of this utility helps troubleshooting process easier. To generate the list of startup applications, use these steps:

* Type MSINFO32.EXE in Start, Run dialog
* Click the (+) sign in Software Environment category
* Select Startup Programs. System Information will now generate the list of startup entries.
* Once the right-pane is populated, click the File menu and choose Export
* Type-in a file name (example: startuplog.txt) and choose a location to save the file.
* Close MSINFO32 utility.

Note that you can generate logs for many other categories, such as Services, hardware, Loaded Modules, Installed drivers (signed & unsigned) as well.

Further more, MSINFO supports command-line parameters so that everything can be performed using command-line, or Batch files. For more information see this article:

How to Use System Information (MSINFO32) Switches
http://support.micro...om/?kbid=300887

SRX660