Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Browsing = Application Not Found

• Please log in to reply

s n o w

s n o w

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Whenever I bring up Internet Explorer and try an address it always says . . Application Not Found. So the problem is i can't search the web through the address bar. Also, i can't bring up multiple tabs (Application Not Found). I can't install Firefox or other programs for that matter, and I can't get this urge to slap my computer out of my head.

However, i set the internet default page as google temporarily and i can search the web through google.

I tried to make this as brief as possible but if you need anymore clarifications please ask.

In advance to my knight in shining armor, Thank You

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What IE version?

s n o w

s n o w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
IE6

I tried installing 7 and thought that maybe it would fix it somehow but like i said i can't install anything :/

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What happens, when you try to install any program?

s n o w

s n o w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
When i try to install something, "Application Not Found" pops up in a small seperate window, and the web page proceeds onto the finalization page of the installation like i'm actually installing it. But i never do. When i close the application not found, a black microsoft internet exploror window pops up :/

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

When i try to install something, "Application Not Found" pops up in a small seperate window, and the web page proceeds onto the finalization page

Web page? What does web page have to do with any program installation?

s n o w

s n o w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll be on the firefox download page and click download and it'll say application not found. Maybe i should of said web site sorry. My computer terms aren't good at all. But anyways it will go on to the next page showing me where to save firefox and stuff but i haven't even downloaded it. But my main point is that i can't install any new programs.