Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless router repeatedly disconnects

• Please log in to reply

saraface

saraface

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi. I've browsed through the topics, but I cannot find anything that directly relates to my problem. I have a Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO Router, probably 5 or 6 months old that is connected to my desktop pc.
My internet connection repeatedly disconnects randomly. It is extremely annoying. It happens to everything connected to it including the desktop that it's ran through. These random disconnects are driving me completely insane and I have scoured the web for a reason for it or a way to fix it and everything I've tried has not worked.
I have tried restarting the router
I have tried changing the settings to go to a random channel.
I have tried changing the settings to go to one specific channel.
I have reset and reconfigured the router.
Also, I pinged my router and it replied without an issue.

Can someone shed some light on this for me? It's driving me crazy!

Advertisements

iman74

iman74

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of wireless.

Things to do for such situations:

Bring the modem closer for at least troubleshooting purposes.
Remove anything that could disrupt the signal.
Flash the firmware on the router.
Upgrade the device driver for the nic card.

saraface

saraface

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have tried all of these things except for flashing the firmware. Honestly, though I dont know how to do that. :)

I should add, also that I have attempted looking up solutions to this problem with this router and I've notice that several people are having the same problem with no solution in sight. It might just be the router is a POS.

iman74

iman74

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

I have tried all of these things except for flashing the firmware. Honestly, though I dont know how to do that. :)

I should add, also that I have attempted looking up solutions to this problem with this router and I've notice that several people are having the same problem with no solution in sight. It might just be the router is a POS.

As far as Flashing, it varies on device to device. Just go on Belkin's website to get the manual or/and tips about flashing for your particular device. Google isn't always the answer but sure does help.