Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet at home?

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
I want to set up the internet in my house to be able to be used by all our computers at once. Most importantly is my mothers laptop, and my own computer.

We have a D-Link DI-614+ Router. It has 4 LAN ports and one WAN port on it. My mother has a laptop and wants her internet to be wireless, whereas i'd prefer wired (I just feel more secure with wires :) I'm not a fan of wireless). I'm not sure if we'd be able to do it with this router.

I've always had troubles with networks of any kind. Would there be a cheap router or something we could purchase to do what we want it to do if our Router can't?

Thanks,
Seltox

Advertisements

iman74

iman74

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Get the latest Linksys G router out on the market, and it's really painless to configure for both wired and wireless. You can get it at almost any tech or/and office store or places like Amazon or Newegg