Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes cannot conect to the iTunes store

• Please log in to reply

Pera123

Pera123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

When i try connect to the iTunes store it issues an error message "iTunes could not connect to the iTunes store. Make sure your network connection is active and try again". I saw a lot of other people have the same problem as i was trying to solve mine looking through forums. Mainly to everybody the problem is about a firewall, but that is not the case with me. I found that Apple have issued a solution, i renamed the hosts file in the system32 folder, but it worked only for one day and I still couldn't download any podcasts, i could only access the store. I would appreciate if someone could help me about this.

Advertisements

Pera123

Pera123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I see that there is no solution to this problem, actually, my problems appears occasionally now, i can access the store from time to time. But i still cannot download any podcasts. When the download start it states an error -3259. I saw that this is also a common problem. Hopefully someone, or Apple themselves, will issue a solution in the near future. If anyone could help, PLEASE post something.

RhinebeckDude

RhinebeckDude

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've lived thru this off and on again,,,and the various options never helped. Flushdns, disablign the Firewall, etc. Until, I noticed that the Diagnostics output indicated that I had a proxy for my HTTPS setting using Internet Explorer. Since I almost never use IE I found this strange. When I started IE and checked the LAN connections it showed I had selected this proxy. When I deselected it, iTunes kicked back into business.

So, pay attn to the output from the iTunes Diagnostics. You may have a proxy enabled (perhaps for your corp intranet) that is unknowingly preventing iTunes from connecting.