Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ok, delet everything, start over..

• Please log in to reply

MNOB07

MNOB07

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
:tazz: I am so fed up with errors, missing files, unexplainable crashes and stuff that my Windows ME is going through, so i want to COMPPETELY wipe out the entire hard drive, and start over fresh with windows 2000. I have the windows 2000 pro, SP4 cd, is this enough? The biggest problems with my computer are missing driver and .sys files, so this time around i want to make sure i have absolutely every last one. are they on the windows 2000 cd? ;)

I don't know how to completely wipe it out, reformat it, none of the partition managers i have tried have worked

Edited by MNOB07, 01 May 2005 - 07:50 PM.

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

:tazz: I am so fed up with errors, missing files, unexplainable crashes and stuff that my Windows ME is going through, so i want to COMPPETELY wipe out the entire hard drive, and start over fresh with windows 2000. I have the windows 2000 pro, SP4 cd, is this enough? The biggest problems with my computer are missing driver and .sys files, so this time around i want to make sure i have absolutely every last one. are they on the windows 2000 cd? ;)

I don't know how to completely wipe it out, reformat it, none of the partition managers i have tried have worked

View Post

Common periphials(sp) have drivers included in w2k. Some don't however. I'd reccomend just doing some research on the web.

MNOB07

MNOB07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
more research? I've spent most of my time for the last 48 hours either eating, sleeping, or fixing Windows ME. I saw a few driver sites, but they costed money which was kinda dumb.. any recomendations? and how do you reformat

EDIT: probably won't actually reformat for a couple more days, but when you install Windows 2000 will the hard drive be automatically converted to ntfs from FAT32? or do i have to do it manually somehow

Edited by MNOB07, 01 May 2005 - 08:17 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Best bet is to go to your system manufacturers webpage or motherboard manufacturers webpage and download all the hardware drivers from them..

Put them on a floppy or cd/r and proceed with the re-install..

Murray