Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Fonts

• Please log in to reply

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Oh yes, they're still there. When you go to them directly, and try to delete them, it says Windows can't find the file and that maybe they've been removed already. It's been saying that since Saturday!

Going to try your latest trick. Will let you know what happens.

Advertisements

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I downloaded it, following their instructions. Each time I try to open the program, it has me unzip the files. It says that it has and I double-click the program icon again. It just does the same thing over and over. Is it me or is there something going wrong here?

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Did you skip a step in the Setting>Control Panel>tweakui scenario? To me, that indicates that there should be a tweakui icon in the Control Panel folder. There is not.

Where did you intend for me to go with that?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm guessing you did not install it....by default, when you double click the file, you are only unzipping it....I think to c:\windows\temp in windows 98

You can direct the unzip program to put it elsewhere....do so and then go to whereever that is.

Go there, and right click on file that ends .inf, then choose install...read the help file, close it....now go to control panel

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
OK. That step has now been accomplished. I did what you said to do with TweakUI and then restarted the computer as it instructed. The fonts appear normal, which has happened before, but was not the case prior to repairing fonts.

Not to sound pessimistic, but when I tried opening Word, I got the same message I've been getting that states Tahoma is not present. It is there, however.

What is the next step?

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
There apparently is still the problem of having no fonts listed, whatsoever, under Internet Options.

Also, under Windows/Fonts, the Symbols fonts comes and goes. It is sometimes named System, then will change to Symbols and will disappear and reappear while you watch. I'd deleted the font in an attempt to correct the problem Saturday. It reappeared after reboot. If you try to delete it, it says it's already been deleted.

Thanks again for your help.

brookseegirl

brookseegirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Gerry, haven't heard from you in a few days. I'm still on font [bleep]! The program you had me download appeared to do some good the first time, but hasn't changed anything since.

Please let me know if you have any further information that might be helpful or if I just need to run system restore. Thanks!