Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator password is invalid

• Please log in to reply

rocchetta

rocchetta

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello-
I’m having a similar problem as woody-

I installed Verizon security suite yesterday and did not remove the MacAfee software security as I should have- (had no clue that had to be done) I just let it install and walked away. Came back and it asked me to restart the computer because the scan was successful.
Well the computer never started again- it froze and froze no matter what I did, safe mode etc…, and various ways-
Tried to repair by having an xp pro cd boot up,
I get to the part where it asks about the admin password and keeps stating its invalid-
The password I use is the same one I used to log on when the computer started in the past so I thought that was the admin password- is there another one?
When I try to repair after the xp pro boot up asks to install xp and then I try to look for the prior installation of windows’ xp home in the c drive- it does not show up-
Does that mean it’s totally corrupted? I am so pissed off at Verizon- they offer no help on this-
Please help
Thanks
Tony
:)

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello rocchetta,

At the admin password section just leave it blank and hit enter. This should let you continue with the repair.

rocchetta

rocchetta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried that and it still wont go further in it then states invalid password all 3 times then I re-try and the same happens

d34thero

d34thero

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Is there any other user in that pc or only Administrator?If there is i can help you finding Administrator's password but because it is a kind of hack i don't know if it is permitted to do this here.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello d34thero I can answer one of your questions

BIOS or Operating System's passwords are there for the purpose related to Security and Privacy to protect the legitimate owner of a machine. While there are many locations on the Internet that might help you learn about managing passwords for a machine's BIOS or Operating System, we at G2G do not assist in what amounts to hacking past a machine's Security and Privacy safeguards.

rocchetta I believe you are trying to do a repair install via the recovery console? Geeks To Go have a self help guide for repairing which will help you. Please read this post by admin

d34thero

d34thero

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I think i missed that "Security And Privacy".I didn't say the hack because i was sure that you try to fix everything with the legal way and not with the illegal like me.I understand.:)

rocchetta

rocchetta

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks guys
I ended up disconnecting the hard drive and copying the files to another computer
I then re-formatted the drive and its all good now-
The hard drive was corrupted it did not see the previous windows xp home insatllation -so I decided to take it out and copying the important files-
now I installed xp pro and it runs really good-
the only proble is I could not figure out how to grab the outlook e-mails and copy to the -reformatted drive