Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can't view videos

• Please log in to reply

earthlover

earthlover

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Please help me, I can't view videos and some pictures on web sites. I use a Windows XP, and recently, I can't view online videos like the ones in youtube. When I tried to figure out what was wrong via the help and support section of my xp, there was a suggested answer that said that my flash player was corrupted. I acted on the suggestion by removing my flash player. I am now supposed to install the latest version of adobe flash player, but I'm worried that that might damage my system. I received advice that I should just download firefox and change that to my browser. What should I do? Should I install new flash player or should I download firefox? Please help, I'm not nearly as computer savvy as I want to be.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Welcome to the forum!
Changing to firefox would still require you to update the Flash Player so changing to firefox for that reason alone would not solve your problem.
Installing the latest Flash Player will not harm your system in any way. Go ahead and install it.