Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need a Recommendation to buy a hard drive memory

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey guys i have a question ! i gonna use my old laptop for storage and i wanna make something into that system , so i was wonder if u can help me with this i wanna buy a hard drive memory " Western Digital My Book Home WDH1CS7500N 750GB 7200 RPM USB 2.0 / IEEE 1394a / eSATA External Hard Drive "

here i give u the website http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822136171 so my question is will it be compatible with DELL - INSPIRON B130 i would like to know is this is an effective hard drive to buy or if u know other else will be great if u tell me which one.

Note : Hard drive Memory without sound , it has to be quiet without anoying sounds into the hard drive ... Thank u guys i will appreciate your hep on this post. :)

Advertisements

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello brady1988,

If you are planning on using this drive for storage with a USB cable it should not give you a problem. It will be compatible with your computer since it is using USB 2.0, so as long as you have an open port you are good to go. I do not own one of these myself but I do know a couple friends that do and they are pretty happy with them.

If I was considering buying an external hard drive, I would look at this acomdata PureDrive PDHD750USE as well mainly for the price :) . It has the same storage capacity, and the only thing that it seems not to have is the ability to be connected via firewire or IEEE 1394. They both seem to have ratings of being quiet.

Just to make sure, you are not planning on using this device as a replacement hard drive for your notebook right? It seems you want to get the storage off your laptop and into an external device to free up space.

If you do want to use firewire or eSATA to make the connection make sure your specific model of laptop has a plug for it, and also that you have that cable. It does not seem like either device comes with the eSATA cable..

Good luck, I hope I have answered your question.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey Bombasos2 i appreciated ur answer , u know u said it exactly how i want it u know im just looking for an external storage cuz im using my new laptop for my university and i wanna use my old laptop and use this external hard drive , by the way if u said that its kind of quiet it will be perfect for me and for what im looking for, another thing bro i would like to know if u can figure out if this compatible with my laptop model or brand, Info :

INSPIRON B130
Service Tag : CKMVM91

Express Service Code :

if u dont mind to look for it , and i would like also to know if i can get a storage for my laptop like renplacing my disk inside my system for one that has more storage lika 700 GB for example, so well i dont know how to tell u thank u man , IM SO THANKFULL WITH UR HELP , take care bro ! :)

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
another thing bro the price is $298.98 included Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32-bit English 1pk for System Builders DSP OEI DVD - OEM i dont get it i dont want that i just want the Hard Drive ... tell me what can i do about it . thx

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey dont worry i got it . thank u !