Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

scottybud44

scottybud44

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I installed it and it is recognized by the computer but i was wondering how make it the #1 hard drive so that files will automatically be saved onto it.

Thanks

Advertisements

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hello scottybud44,

We need a few more details in order to help you.

The hard drive you installed gets recognized, is it SATA, IDE, USB? What are you trying to do with it?

how make it the #1 hard drive so that files will automatically be saved onto it

Are you trying to use a program to synchronize folders or do you want to manually add files to this hard drive? If you are trying to use a program do you have one in mind or do you need some suggestions?

Are you going to install an operation system on it or just format to store files?

scottybud44

scottybud44

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
it is sata and i just dont want to manually store files every time so yes i guess if there is a program for it. All im using it for is extra storage for music and schoolwork

bombasos2

bombasos2

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
If you are using this for XP you can set individual folders or predetermined folders to back up on a schedule:
http://www.microsoft...t_03july14.mspx

If you are doing this for vista you can follow this tutorial:
http://www.bleepingc...utorial145.html

If you would like some like the bells and whistles of a program that you have to pay for, True Image is a great program. I have been using version 7 which was free for a short period of time.

Hope this helps you. :)