Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! PC crash - won't start!

• Please log in to reply

Rb1Kinobe

Rb1Kinobe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was playing a game and the next thing I knew the pc was off. Shut off without a sound. Just went blank. Tried to restart it and I get nothing. No lights, no fans, nothing. A deathly silence. When I click the power button the LED lights up for half a second and then stops and won't light up again until I unplug the power cord and plug it in again and try pressing the power button. Cleared CMOS and still nothing. No change.

Is my power supply dead or could it be another component in my pc? I built this thing a few months ago and have had no problems with it whatsoever. The only thing that isn't new in it is the power supply. Power supply is about 2.5 years old and came from my old computer.

Is there a way that I can tell if the power supply is what stopped working?

My PC:
P4 2.8 LGA775
Gigabyte 8I915P Duo Pro
EVga 6800GT
1GB Kingston HyperX PC3200
160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7
80GB Western Digital
Works 430watt Power Supply
Operating System: Windows XP Pro

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements