Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardcore Gaming Computer

• Please log in to reply

Granz00

Granz00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
All versions of Vista can only support around 3.5GB of memory. That is, for the 32bit versions at least. However, the 64bit versions are as follows;

Home - 8GB
Premium - 16GB
Business - 128+GB
Ultimate - 128+GB

Here is a link to confirm what I just said. Feature wise, and memory wise, there is no reason to go above Vista Home Premium. Feel free to check out the features from Window's website before you choose which version you want. Personally, I see Premium as being the best choice.

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

but youll need 1 the 3 higher ones since vista home basic only supports 4gig of ram.

Hi Shuh,

I wasn't aware of this. I did some quick research but couldn't find any information on the topic. Would you mind posting me a link where you found this?

If this is the case, then an upgrade to Home Premium edition would be in order!

Cheers

Troy

Yeah. lemme find it again. =)

------edit-------

Didnt find the same link but Guess this one is better.
http://news.softpedi...RAM-44487.shtml

So far, i made a mistake. its 8gig for vista basic. 16gig for vista prenium.andthan its 128. my bad

sorry for the error =<

so yeah 8gig is alot so you can get basic if you want. sorry for the rror. i feel bad for not double checking what i saw. but i realy though it was 4g/8g/more
maybe its my memory that lied to me or the website that wasnt so trustable. atleast now you got a betetr source

yeah. sorry =<

Edited by Shuh, 25 September 2008 - 11:01 PM.