Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook express issue...delete button will not work

• Please log in to reply

amymv

amymv

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello-

Since deleting messeages in delete folder (6,000msgs)...my delete button will not work. It just clicks and does not remove the email. I have rebooted 3x..and still nothing.
I am using outlook express for emails.
Please help!! :)

Advertisements

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
First thing to try would be compacting the Deleted Items folder.
Open OE and click on the Deleted Items folder so the contents are displayed in the right pane.
Click File>Folder>Compact. Then try deleting a message.

If that fails to work, with OE closed, do a search for Deleted Items.dbx.
Delete the Deleted Items.dbx, open OE and try deleting a message.

amymv

amymv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
All my msgs are gone out of the deleted box..they removed yesterday when I deleted all of them at once. It is anywhere else now that the delete button will not work. Not on the screen, the key pad, etc.
Any other thoughts?
Amy
:)

Throoper

Throoper

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Yes, I understand that you emptied the Deleted Items folder.
I suspect that the Deleted Items.dbx file has developed corruption and is preventing you from deleting messages.
Compacting the Deleted Items folder may restore the function of the associated DBX file.
If not, deleting the Deleted Items.dbx from the OE Message Store folder will cause a new one to be generated the next time OE is run.

amymv

amymv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That worked...compacting the messages...thanks so much. Your help is greatly appreciated. :)