Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any way around XBox Live uni portal block?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

will_bcfc

will_bcfc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I've just spent £40 on my annual subscription to XBox Live. I've come to Cardiff University in halls of residence and when I connect my XBox to the ethernet socket through a standard ethernet cable, XBox doesn't recognize the network connection.

I've spoken to tech guys at the uni and they say that the RESLAN Campus Manager blocks the portal to the XBox. Being ******* they have categorically stated they will not open the portal for me.

I have, however, connected my Macbook Pro (OSX Leopard) to the RESLAN system. Is there any way I can route the internet through my Mac to my XBox, so that the portal is opened?

This is an emergency, because otherwise I'll be £40 out of pocket (a fair amount for a student in debt like myself) and I'll shrivel up into a ball if I can't play the new Call of Duty online with my mates!

A resolve would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Will

Apparantly these are the ports that XBOX Live need open:
UDP 88
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

Edited by will_bcfc, 19 September 2008 - 08:57 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
We will not help you bypass security measures set in place by the University that you are attending. While what you want to do may not be for malicious intent, others who reach this topic may use it so. Therefore, we are erring on the side of caution and not helping anyone with these types of issues. I hope you understand.

Fenor