Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building a photography/ web surfing machine

• Please log in to reply

Namflow

Namflow

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
I think I need a new computer and would like to build one myself. I have never done this before but have been replacing parts on my current machine for the past few years (Dell precision 330 workstation). My Dell is sporadically making unusual noises and I think it is only a matter of time before it fails.

I will be using this mostly to run photoshop and surf the web. I was wondering if I could use the HD's in my current machine (160gb which I bought within the last year and also a 40 gb that came with the workstation). I have an external Hard drive (USB) to store my pictures. I also have a Dell 22" lcd that can utilize DVI inputs. what do you recommend? I figure I need at least 4 gb of memory and i would like to spend as little as possible (under $500). I am open to all ideas......

Thanks in advance

Edited by Namflow, 19 September 2008 - 01:38 PM.

Advertisements