Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forwarding of Emails

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I have been told that forwarded emails are at risk for Malware, Spam and Viruses. Even though I have requested my email recipients to copy/paste material to avoid forwarding, few take the time to do so. I personally never forward email.

Wondering if the foregoing info is true and to what extent or if I should give up certain email recipients who can't, won't, or do not know how to copy/paste email material?

I am having to reformat my system due to what may well be a virus which I am told may have come from forwarded email. :)

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Most email clients have an option to only except emails in TEXT format and NOT HTML format. That might be a good options for you to consider to keep your PC safe from people who are a lot less careless in regards to computer security then you obviously are.

Fenor

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Tech was here and he found a very nasty virus on my PC. So all was cleaned, couple new programs installed to keep PC clean and checked out and formatting was avoided! Tech also suggested I try Yahoo as a mail server; from his experience they do a good job of keeping malware and viruses from attaching to emails. So giving Yahoo a try and trying to get used to same.

Thanks for your tips re HTML will remember same and keepin' on keepin' on.

BTW had another thread going re my problems of trying to use XP Pro disc and could not do so. Told moderator there would report back what tech found about this issue. But I cannot find that thread despite searching. Can advise? Do not now remember the title of the thread but do know it was on XP Forum listing. Just wanted to honor my reporting back as that moderator spent good deal of time and effort trying to help me:)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Hi nondaj.

It was me and I appreciate the fact that you wanted to update us. I am glad the problem was solved.

Regards

The Skeptic

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
OK glad to have found you again. Not that I do not like you but hope not to see you soon :) That would mean more problems :)

Once more thanks for all your time and ideas.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
In case you're still wondering, the link to your other topic is HERE.

Also, I'm glad you got your computer fixed! Yahoo mail is pretty good, as is Hotmail, and I use Hotmail as my crapmail, which I use when signing up on websites, ect, so that all the bogus email crap (aka Spam) doesn't fill up my personal email. :)

Fenor

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Much relieved my PC is back on track. That is a neat idea how to use two emails - think I will try that too. So off and PCing - good to know you guys/gals are here though - just in case.