Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Problems

• Please log in to reply

syco26

syco26

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I really need some help.

I some how picked up a virus called Micro Antivirus 2009 today. It deleted about half of my desktop shortcuts and added a heap of it's own, has blocked my accesibility on my desktop - says that I can't access the display settings as the administrator has blocked it, it removed my All Programs from my start menu and also won't allow me to do a system restore. I also get a "Reported Insecure Browsing" window open when ever I try to access any web page.

I have deleted all traces of the program (I think) using Adaware, SuperAntispyware and tune up and my PC seems to be running not too bad now but the PC has been left in shambles after this intrusion. I regained the All programs lik through deleting some stuff from my registry which I found in an online tut.

Any help to get me back to normal would be great thanks.

Advertisements

syco26

syco26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
O'h I forgot to add that I did a Malwarebytes scan also.
The Report Insicure browsing link which also says Insecure Internet activity. Threat of virus attack goes to
And I'm also getting another pop up on the top of my screen stating I may have a virus or another nasty and to click to fix which goes to this site
But I havn't clicked either as I don't want to catch any thing else.
Thanks heaps in advance

Edited by Rorschach112, 21 September 2008 - 03:00 AM.
Don't post live links

syco26

syco26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
I was just reading through other posts and I had another pop up that said something about letting expertSecureCleaners clean my registry then when I clicked "NO" link this site loaded.
I hate computers some times.

Edited by Rorschach112, 21 September 2008 - 03:01 AM.
removed link

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You should travel here: http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

syco26

syco26

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Thanks Broni - I have posted a new topic there http://www.geekstogo...ms-t212414.html

andrewuk

andrewuk

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 5,297 posts
i am dealing with your log in the malware forums now.

andrewuk