Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CCC wont show

• Please log in to reply

Shuh

Shuh

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Running on Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit

I had issues with compatibility of .NET Framework 2.0 and CCC. So I uninstalled all ATI drivers/utilities. Insstalled Drivers only (no CCC). Installed .NET Framework 1.1. (Didnt install .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 because technically it is already in Vista). Installed CCC 8.9. The install didnt seem to work very well. Even if it said the install was complete. If I try to reinstall CCC it says it is installed and uptodate. CCC doesnt appear in Program and Features. CCC won't load from Start menu, etc.

Topic related to the 1st problem: http://www.geekstogo...ml#entry1336125

Topic (other forum) that I found about new problem (CCC wont install/load): http://www.overclock...-won-t-run.html

Help would be very welcomed.

Special tanks to Broni for his VERY NICE help!! =)

--NOTE: Will now try to install CCC in SafeMode like said in last topic's last post.

the overclock site says to use DriverCleanerPro to fully remove it.
Waiting on a reply before doing something.

Advertisements

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
soooo. i installed in SafeMode (not the 1 with networking. and not the one withnetworkingand prompt)

basically. it said it couldnt find the drivers and couldnt install the files...

edit: when you dl the drivers. you have 2 options. option1 is the pack with drivers ccc, etc. option2 is 2 packages: 1 is drivers+install, 2 is CCC+other drivers for ccc.
sooooo i at first installed 1. wich worked but im really doubting now.. and so far. all the other attempst were with 2. Both from option2.

Im thinking about using DriverCleanerPro...

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 02:49 PM.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
sooo... seems that I just cant get rid of Catalyst Install manager

also, how can i ....

ATI:
1. Unplug nic card or modem from net or disconnect
2. Remove ATI driver from add/remove programs then remove the control panel from add/remove programs
3. Reboot into safe mode (F8 during boot up)
4. On reboot into safe mode WinXP SP1/SP2 will auto detect and install drivers. Just let it do its thing. If you can cancel out of the auto install hardware wizard then skip the rest and run Driver Cleaner! If you can NOT cancel out of auto detect wizard then...
5. Navigate to device manager->display adapter->uninstall and/or remove ATI display adapter but do not reboot
6. Disable any AntiVirus Software (If you don't disable is than it could give trouble)
7. Run Cab Cleaner (not needed, but recommended)
8. Run Driver Cleaner
9. Empty recycle bin and reboot
10. Install the new drivers and control panel

In bold is the issue. no matter what.. ATI Install Manager doesnt remove itself. everything else is gone but not it. and theres no ATI control pannel.. or drivers... it has always only been freaking ATI Install manager...

Ive tried thinking 2 was done well but at step 8. basically.. the program starts than never finishes. i let it run like 30mins and nothing changed ... so i closed it and rebooted... (its not a safe way to do things...)

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 05:01 PM.

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Alright. So I did everythig fine. i was able to remove ATI install manager . all i needed to do is remove the 3 utilities. smartdoctor. gamer osd and visual protection.
i rebooted in safemode... removed the display drivers. ran CabCleaner.. it didnt do [bleep]. it couldnt find files...
i ran DriverCleaner... it didnt do [bleep]... was stuck on nothing...
so I just rebooted

put the VGA disk... put the driver install. i thought it didnt work well cuz it wasnt like doing a nice installation bar animation. it was kinda like going bac and forth but finishing at the end... and than i reset it. than installed the vga utilities and now i can fully access CCC and everything and everything works and my screens are set right. big screen as screen1 and small one as screen2.

i can overclock with my smartdoctor and CCC.

but ima check if i can install the latest drivers and CCC another day.

ive been trying to fix that thing for 2 full days and just befpore that i have been trying to fix my internet for another 2 days. SO IMA GO PLAY THE GAME I BOUGHT ALMOST A WEEK AGO.

Ty again to Broni. =)

-Shuh

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I was playing warhammer online than when, at a certain moment, the game crahses and there was a popup saying "Microsolf C++ Runtime error" (could read the rest, it deseapeared)...

Shuh

Shuh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
i installed the latest drivers/ccc/updates and now CCC stopped working.. yay... freaking ah...

Edit: I removed all ATI related stuff and reinstalled the cd's stuff. and it runs fine again. The version of Catalist ® is also 08.9... rather funny.. its the same as online updates.... but maybe not.. but oh well...

NOT gonna change the drivers/etc before a long while. or if i get a ... new OS

Edited by Shuh, 20 September 2008 - 11:12 PM.