Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DirectX 10 problems with Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Guys need help again! I've been having some problems with my laptop, It's an Acer Aspire 5520G with an AMD Turion MK-38 2.2 GHz processor, 1GB DDR2,120GB HDD and a GeForce 8400M G graphics. It seems that my Directx Files are corrupted but I'm not really sure. Whenever I install a game (like Warcraft 3 for example) it notifies me that the game requires DirectX 8.0 or higher but I checked my directX version using DXDIAG and it displays "DirectX Version: DirectX 10" I'm confused because a few months ago I can play any game with this laptop. I don't know what's wrong with this. Please help me guys TNX in advance!!!

By the way I notice something weird when I run DXDIAG, under the Display tab> DirectX Features: DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture Acceleration is Enabled but there are no test features for all of this three I mentioned. How come? Is that normal for DX10 or there's something fishy about my laptop. Please help!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
DirectX 10 is part of Vista.

Warcraft 3 has issues with Vista. It may be cured by running the setup program and the program itself in XP Service Pack 2 compatibility mode. Failing that it may well be it just doesn't like your hardware.

You can make any program run in Compatibility mode by right-clicking on it -> Properties and the Compatibility tab.

boblee

boblee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i play w.o.w. i can't see anything in my action bars, bags banks or venders. the ground & maps look like patchwork quilts. i can't tell roads or paths from grass, & i cant see grass either, lol. after patch 3.2a or 3.3 , something went wrong. can u help, please ?