Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

" Found New Hardware Wizard " Again! No way...

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there guys as u know i was having problems with Found New Hardware Wizard and it happened after i installed the " chip set " here a picture:

Posted Image
its a driver for my old laptop but the problem is after 3 days i came up again showing this problem on my drivers , take a look at this picture :

Posted Image

and thats not all , a message came up like a pop-up showing this :

Posted Image

So my question is why it still happen i mean i installed that driver so i though that was all but i see is not .
thats why i need a big help on this post , if anyone knows how to fix it will be great as well .
if u wanna see my other post go here : http://www.geekstogo...rd-t208585.html there it shows u how i fixed this problem but it seems like it didnt fix anything .

now there is all information about my old laptop if u wanna help me and get some information from my laptop check that out and u will find it .
thank u in advance , i will appreciate any help to fix this problem. :)

Edited by brady1988, 21 September 2008 - 12:11 PM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
The chipset driver doesn't always necessarily include the audio and modem drivers, which are two of the devices listed there. I suggest you to go your computer manufacturer's website and download the drivers for those two devices.

Your Audio Driver can be found HERE.

Your Modem Driver can be found HERE.

Both of the above links are the direct DOWNLOAD NOW links taken from the main driver page for your computer, which can be found HERE.

Edited by Fenor, 21 September 2008 - 01:31 PM.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey thank u man ! but i dont iunderstand something i already install those drivers and what u just gave me they all are the same at what i installed moths ago .... i mean whats going on , so the questions is what did get the message from my drivers ... if i already had them

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You said you just installed the chipset, and the drivers I linked are not for your chipset, so unless you installed them and didn't say that here, then you haven't installed them yet. And since they are coming up as not installed in the Device Manager, meaning the yellow ? and !'s, the drivers were not installed for them. Run them and the yellow !'s and ?'s should go away. If they don't, then you are looking at hardware failure and with a laptop that pretty much means it's on its way to becoming a paper-weight.

Fenor