Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Logon Process Terminated - BSOD?

• Please log in to reply

zkm1223

zkm1223

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
hi,

recently i have been getting an error message when i switch on my pc. after the windows xp blue welcome screen, i get these error messages:

1) Windows logon process has been terminated unexpectedly 0xc0000005. The system has been been shut down.

2) STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

The windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000142 (0x00000000 0x00000000). The system has been shut down.

However this only sometimes happens and i have to reboot the pc to get into windows.

Normally i get the the first error message but occasionally i get the second error message instead of the first one.

Can someone help as i want to fix it ASAP so that it doesn't become worse.

Also my standby stopped working at about the same time as i started getting these error messages so i think the problem is linked.

when i click standby the pc switches off as it should but when i press the power button, it switches on but noting shows on the monitor and the monitors light turns orange.

the problem may be linked, but i'm not sure.

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Take a peak at this...

http://www.updatexp....0xC0000005.html

I'd say if you know how to remove your own "ram" then do so, clean it with the head of a pencil eraser (use the eraser on the little gold/bronze pins on the ram and rub them to ensure they are clean of dust) then securely but gently place them back in the slots.

If you don't know how to remove your own ram, then don't do it but find a friend or perhaps someone in family who does and have them do it for you.

If it is not the ram it is probably a driver upon your computer causing an issue.

Try to think back to when the issue started... Did you upgrade any programs? Did you install any windows updates? Did you install any new drivers or anything of that sort?