Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer reboots over and over

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

sparklehorse

sparklehorse

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi to all! My ex gave my son his extra computer this weekend. It is a emachine with XP and an AMD Sempion processor 3100+. I tried to load MSN dial up on it and began having problems. It was saying it could not connect because the modem was busy or not properly installed. I called MSN tech and they helped me do a manual connect but as soon as I tried to connect the computer shut off. They said I needed to contact the maker of the computer. Since everything on the computer was the step-brothers we decided to restore the factory settings. Now the the computer starts up, begins to load the desk top, goes black and then starts all over again. The emachine logo comes up along with "Press F11 to start recovery" and then it starts to load the desktop. We have to turn it off at the power strip. I did not see any anti-virus or malware tools on it except for McAfee and the kid had the firewall disabled!! No telling what is in this "Pandora's Box"!!
Please help us!!

Advertisements