Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help with running HD movies from computer to TV

• Please log in to reply

zombiejesus

zombiejesus

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just bought a 42" HDTV and I want to watch Bluray movies and the like from my computer. I have my TV directly connected to my computer and using it as a monitor, when I run HD movies it tends to lag when when theres a lot of detail.

Is this an issue with my video card or hard drive or what. I have 2 geforce 7300GT 512mb video cards with SLI enabled, and my hard drive recently crash so it running on an old 13GB hard drive, with the movies coming from an external hard drive. So is this an issue of my hardware, or is it that I should be using a different cable, either Svideo or HD cable?

Thanks for the help

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Being that the hard drive is only 13GB, you can bet that it only runs at like 5400RPM and that the cache is very small. I recommend that you get a new hard drive and see how that goes, because your video card is more than adequate for 720p movies, but I wouldn't try it with 1080p movies. If you look in my profile, you will see my computer specs. I just recently got the 9800GTX+ (awesome completely awesome! :) ) and I can run 1080p movies for the first time without it skipping frequently. I used to have an 8600GTS XXX and I couldn't play 1080p movies, but could play 720p without a problem.

Fenor

calasecure

calasecure

• Pip
  • 1 posts
SatelliteDirect™'s software technology taps into more than 3,500 TV channels worldwide right over the Internet. Now you can enjoy more channels than your cable and satellite TV combined for a one-time fee less than one month of your monthly cable bill.

You don't need a satellite dish, receiver or any other equipment to use our software. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. Simply download our software and you are ready to enjoy over 3,500 channels worldwide.

You can watch TV right from your laptop or desktop computer anytime or anywhere in the world. Or connect your computer directly to your TV set - once you are a member we will show you how!

Click the link below
Movies on Your PC

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

SatelliteDirect™'s software technology taps into more than 3,500 TV channels worldwide right over the Internet. Now you can enjoy more channels than your cable and satellite TV combined for a one-time fee less than one month of your monthly cable bill.

You don't need a satellite dish, receiver or any other equipment to use our software. All you need is a computer and an internet connection. Simply download our software and you are ready to enjoy over 3,500 channels worldwide.

You can watch TV right from your laptop or desktop computer anytime or anywhere in the world. Or connect your computer directly to your TV set - once you are a member we will show you how!

Click the link below
Movies on Your PC

Anyone else smell ^#&@% stinking SPAM around here?