Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Constant crashing of IE. Wife is telling me to get it fixed!

• Please log in to reply

whitesburg

whitesburg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Internet Explorer is constantly crashing. About every 5 minutes. I get the following standard message:

Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

When I click "To see what data this error report contains" I get the following:
Error signature
EventType : BEX P1 : iexplore.exe P2 : 6.0.2900.5512 P3 : 48025225
P4 : _helper.dll P5 : 3.0.1.4 P6 : 48a9ef4f P7 : 0000b8c5
P8 : c0000409 P9 : 00000000

The Error Report Contents includes these files:
C:\DOCUME~1\TAYLOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcecf.dir00\iexplore.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\TAYLOR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERcecf.dir00\appcompat.txt

The other problem that just started is that I get the following message often, after page gets over about 90% loaded by my guess:

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://.........................(could be any site)
Operation aborted.

I had a trojan vundo virus (probably still do) but ran a couple of vundo removal tools and that message is no longer coming up. I would certainly appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Whitesburg

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.