Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iexplore.exe and rundll32.exe-Bad Image

• Please log in to reply

verasop

verasop

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, starting Sunday, 9/21 everytime i log into my computer, or open IE7...i get a pop up that reads iexplore.exe-Bad Image as the title of the pop up and C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. as the details.

When I log onto my computer, I get the same message, however, the title is rundll32.exe-Bad Image.

I have tried to restore my computer, but it isn't working. I have uninstalled all Adobe Programs on my computer. Uninstalled the update KB950759. Reset default settings for IE. IE works without add-ons. I performed malware and virus scans, with no threats showing. IE works when I press ok to the pop up, but I just want to find a way to get rid of it. I also have firefox installed, which works fine.

I've talked to about 4 technicians, and nobody has been successful in helping me. I have checked other forums online, but their remedy for the problem, doesn't correct mine. Please help!

Advertisements

verasop

verasop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Also, I'm running windows vista home premium with service pack 1...it's what came on the computer.

spadedaking20

spadedaking20

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i here you buddy the same way its happening to you its happening to me the exact but this only started happening to me when i read one of these geeks to go fourums about a problem i had and one of these geeks sugested in that forum to download a malware program and i did it cleaned some of my viruses and once i shut off my computer the next time i turned it back on computer had some problem and it had to do system repair and it went succesfull but it deleated that malware crap but now its tellig me that badimage [bleep]

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
spadedaking20,

If you're having issues like that after running any malware removal program, it's quite possible you're not yet fully clean. Since you only have one post here, you were obviously weren't helped here. If you had malware, usually just running one program is not enough to take care of everything - you should have had someone tell you that your system was clean. I suggest you go here and follow the directions. If you'd like to post a hijackthis log, it would be helpful if you included information about what malware program you ran and what issues you were having initially.