Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop reboot loop, blue screen with writing =/

• Please log in to reply

impega

impega

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I recently got a Sony Vaio NR32 with vista preinstalled. It wouldn't let me install XP so I had to slipstream some SATA drivers into an install disk to make it work

After that I spent a few days scrounging for drivers and got just about everything. Alls good until a few days later when I turn it on; I get the message that windows encountered an unexpecred shutdown and ave the options to boot in safe mode, normally, last known config etc, which all leed to the same thing: after the Windows XP logo appears (with the loading bar) a blue screen with white writing appears for about half a second before rebooting and looping round like that.

Luckily I managed to take a photo of the message

It says something like:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer.
If this screen shows again follow these steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or sofware is properly installed (Altho I can't since windows won't load)
If this is a new instalation ask your hardware manufacturer for any windows updates you might need
If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software (none) disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing (I don't know what this means)
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode (the same thing happens when I try and use safemode)

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000006F (0xC00002F, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) "

Advertisements

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Well I need a Recovery Console to fix this - let's see if we can get access to one.

First, what program did you use to create the slipstreamed CD? Often, slipstreamed CDs won't have the Recovery Console on them. Boot to your slipstreamed CD and get to the "Welcome to Setup" screen. Is there an option that says "Press R to Repair Windows using the Recovery Console"?

If not, we need to disable AHCI on your system so we can use the standard Windows XP disk. Access your BIOS by tapping F2 as the computer starts up. I hate to admit it, but I'm not very familiar with PhoenixBIOS (just introduced to Dell this year), so navigate around and see if you can find a SATA setting that switches between AHCI and ATA. Set it to ATA, and save the changes. Then boot to the original XP CD and make sure it sees your hard drive. You can do this by booting to the CD, and at the "Welcome to Setup" screen, press R to repair Windows. If a black screen comes up that says "Windows Setup did not detect any hard drives..." we know it didn't work.

impega

impega

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks for the quick reply

There is indeed no repair option with my slipstreamed disc, and I can't find anything relared to AHCI or ATA, infact you can hardly do anything in this Phoenix BIOS besides change the time and boot order =/