Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop WiFi issue with N router with Intel Pro Set/Wireless

• Please log in to reply

Ruben Rodriguez

Ruben Rodriguez

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I have a Sony TZ240N cool little laptop that uses the Intel Pro Set/Wireless to administer the wireless connections with wifi. I love it!! My problem cam when I upgraded my office to N. he Intel Pro Set/Wireless found the router but I have never been able to connect to it. It askes me for a PIN or some other type of security password or something which has nothing to do with the 10 digit WPA.

Anyway, there is an option to allow windows to manage wifi and it recognizes the router and then it only asks me for the WPA and BOOM i am connected.

I guess my question is that how do I get the Intel Pro Set Wireless to just ask for the WPA and connect.

Thank you for any help yo uguys can provide.

Advertisements

AitrusSkyy

AitrusSkyy

• PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
The only thing I can think of is that perhaps your Intel software needs to be updated as well as the drivers for your network card.

It's possible that your card supports N but the intel software isn't updated for it...

Both can be found here.

I assume your pc has the Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

Updated drivers for (Released Date:8/1/2008)
-Intel® WiFi Link 5100: 12.0.0.82
-Intel® WiFi Link 5300: 12.0.0.82
-Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN: 12.0.0.82
-Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection: 12.0.0.82
-Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection: 9.1.1.15(32-bit OS support only)
-Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection: 9.1.1.15
(32-bit OS support only)

http://downloadcente...s...on&lang=eng

Here is the updated software for the intel proset (Released Date:8/1/2008)

http://downloadcente...s...on&lang=eng

Update your drivers and see if that works for you.

PS: Both the above drivers work with Vista and XP 32bit. (If you bought your pc before 8/1/08) chances are you could benefit from the updates.

Edited by AitrusSkyy, 24 September 2008 - 07:35 AM.