Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Do I need Graphics Card upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

Texgal

Texgal

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all! I have this motherboard http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813130130

I put a Celeron D 3.33ghz cpu, 1.5 gigs ram on it. I also added a sound card. I mostly play games on it and have played WoW just fine, no problems whatsover. My problem is that it barely plays the new game out Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning even though it meets/exceeds the minimum requirements. It's laggy, slow and even crashes occasionally. I get weird patches of psychodelic graphics at times then it will clear up. Turned everything down that I could and fixed the cursor problem but I can still barely play.

Obviously I put together a cheap gaming comp and now I have no clue how to resolve this. I believe it is the integrated graphics giving me problems. If so can I add the newest latest graphics cards available? Is a 400w power supply adequate and will it be for an added graphics card? What graphics cards is this motherboard/cpu capable of handling?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Onboard graphic solutions are not meant for gaming, realistically you can have as fast a computer as you like and if you don't have decent graphics to back it up, it's not worth it. Celeron processors are't really meant for gaming either, they're more office based. Realistically a Core 2 Duo would be a better solution, the clock speed of the processor means nothing these days and one running at 2.16Ghz can beat one running at 3.33Ghz easily due to its technology.

Depending on the card you go for and your budget you may need to upgrade the power supply as well. Any PCI-Express graphics solution would be better than an on-board solution.

Texgal

Texgal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ty for the answer. What I have served its purpose but I see it's time to upgrade.