Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Basic Things Not Connecting To The Net; But Mozilla Connects To The Ne

• Please log in to reply

FUZIONX

FUZIONX

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

First of all. I refused and told my parents as they were getting rid of TPG and replacing it with Optus (Instead of using my current Netgear wireless modem and NetComm cable modem we instead got an All-In-One Wireless Cable Modem Router). The reason why we swapped is because TPG is for something were paying we get 6GB (3ON and 3OFF). But with Optus for the same price with there '$99 Fusion Plan' they hadn't arrived the day they said, so they rescheduled to Friday (I was really pissed as they disconnected me that past Saturday, meaning in total I had literally a whole week without the net; really hard when your doing Computer Studies). Well it's Friday here in Australia and I'm bloody angry. We had to call the guy to come back as he didn't give us the card stating our PassPhrase to connect the wireless router to the laptop; I just got it fixed an hour ago. Umm. There was a heck load of other stuff they had to do with the house and the phone line as Telstra configured everything as if we were going to stick with them forever. That took four hours. Now here we are. Everything but Mozilla Firefox is working. MSN, Internet Explorer, Steam etc are not working. It always says I'm still connected to TPG when the dude who came to our house was like 'All done, should we fine'; my Dad actually thought everything was fine but when I came back from the City everything wasn't fine. Now I am not entirely dumb; I know my computers but not to this extent I'm guessing. With the internet connections it's like I'm still connecting with TPG; obviously wrong. So I click Create a New Connection (Remember this is under Network Connections in the Control Panel) and try to make my New Optus Connection; well I'm posting here once more as nothing I've tried so far is working. I am currently working on my main PC, my Dell Dimension 3100 which I purchased a heck long ago. Can anyone help. If you'd like anything else just ask and I will give you the information to help me. Cheers :]

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you expect any replies to this, please break it into paragraphs and for the love of all things, get rid of the centering of the text!