Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Zune Software Will Not Open

• Please log in to reply

McKnight

McKnight

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Every time I try and start up Zune (whether it be from the shortcut; or from the actual program file), I get the message: "Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I have tried uninistalling and reinstalling (a few times); with no success. I have also gotten rid of every Zune file that I can think of on my computer, including the Program folder and the Prefetch files. However, after reinstall I still encounter the same error message.

I have checked numerous Zune forums, MS forums, etc., but have not found a solution. I have seen people with the same problem as me, but there problem/s have been left unanswered as well.

Also, I have tried to do a system restore, download the Zune 3.0 package (contains all needed components), and various other things... all still unsuccessful.

I do not know how to contact MS (Zune support) without being charged for their services (free software download); and I am confused as what to do next. Any advice/help/info would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks...

Advertisements