Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard issues!

• Please log in to reply

craig20102010

craig20102010

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Everytime i turn the pc on it loads the XP pro symbol then it goes to black screen and hangs for a bit then eventually comes on..

when the PC comes on i go on websites or any type of typing and when i perss the letter "e" it comes up with "e2" or sommet like that and same with other characters but then some keys just dont work or start openin things on the internet explorer...

ive tried uninstallin the keyboard installin it again still does it, tried a different keyboard still does it although it worked the first time i changed to different keyboard then when i changed it back it stopped workin so i put the keyboard back in that worked and it did the same thing (random characters) so both keyboards dont work.... Also tried restartin the pc few times, checkin language settings... im currently runnin a virus scan if that will detect anything i dont know... since you might have to scan a certain area of memory...

Im on a laptop now....

Any ideas???

Advertisements

craig20102010

craig20102010

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
think iv established the PC only lags when the keyboard is installed on the pc when its not it starts up instantly so i think its safe to say the port is nakkered... can anyone confirm this?