Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Java/sillyDI.EUA virus

• Please log in to reply

bettei

bettei

• PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
I use a virus protection program from CA industries that comes with my DSL service. On my last scan report of C/program files, it states 1 virus found, and lists the name as Java/sillyDI.EUA virus. However, it does not give me the option of fixing the problem or to even quarantine it.

I contacted CA industries, and they told me to reinstall Java, and that the newer version has a patch that would take care of this problem. I did as they asked, and ran another scan today, and the report says the virus is still there.

You can also go to CA's website, login and have them scan for viruses also, and I did that too, but on that scan it said no viruses found, so I found no solution there.

Do you have any suggestions on how to rid myself of this?

thank you

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Hey bettei,

Welcome to GeekstoGo! I'm Ltangelic and I'll be helping you fix your computer problem.

Take note that I'm still in training, and my posts will have to be checked by an expert. This may cause delays in between my responses, I ask for your patience. Please stick with me until we get your computer cleaned up or it will be a wasted effort on both sides. :)

Meanwhile, please go here and follow the instructions there and post the required logs. Thanks. :)

PS. If I've not been responding, and you wonder why, feel free to PM me and I'll give an explanation.

LT