Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red colors are too saturated

• Please log in to reply

Waterchan

Waterchan

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
After my old monitor malfunctioned, I went and bought a 25.5" LG Flatron W2600H, running at 1920x1200 resolution. I'm using it with a single-link DVI connection to my EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS.

The problem: All the reds appear too saturated!

This seems to be less of a problem when I'm watching videos. Anything other content on the desktop or in windows have their red colors overly saturated. For example, the two letters "g" in the "geeks to go!" logo appear very intensely, almost as orange. I have tried fiddling with the monitor controls, as well as the nVidia Control Panel, but there seems to be no way to tone down the saturation of red colors. Adjusting individual RGB levels is ineffective.

I have no idea what to do. Would using a dual-link cable make any difference? All I want to do is make the reds appear just red enough without too much sunshine!

Please help! :)

(P.S: I should also mention that I bought this monitor because my old monitor stopped working when I entered the Performance Test option in Devil May Cry 4. It just turned on for 2 seconds at every boot, then blacked out. I wonder if, at the same time, the graphics card was damaged in some way?)

Edited by Waterchan, 27 September 2008 - 03:00 AM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
could be the video card problem you should test the monitor on another computer if possible... or as an alternate try another monitor on that computer.... Maybe you got a faulty monitor and need to return it.... Good luck...