Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WPS to DOC form

• Please log in to reply

stipower

stipower

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
i have a report that is in .wps format i need it in .doc format, and when i sent it to my laptop with windows xp sp3 with microsoft office 2003 it wont let me open it and theres all these weird figures. I went on google and i found this converter which was "Works 2000 to Microsoft Word converter" i installed it but how do i open the program nothing happens once i install it i cant find it on my program list. Am i doing the right thing or should i take a different approach?

Thanks G2G

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
WPS files are Microsoft Works files.
Strange as it may seem, Word can't open them straight out of the box.

If you have access to Works, best thing to do is open the document in Works and save it back out again as a Word Document or Rich Text Format.
Failing that, this may help: http://www.officetwe...s-to-doc-types/