Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alienware Area 51-M seems dead

• Please log in to reply

ahmooresville

ahmooresville

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
OK, a friend brought me his Alienware Area 51M to see if I could make heads or tales of it's issues (not sure why, I don't know squat about laptops) But here's where it stands...
Got the laptop, when turned on it said could not find BIOS, Keyboard not functioning at all.
Found that the hard drive was improperly installed, bent pins, broken connector... Fixed, easy enough..
Began to disassemble laptop to attempt to access keyboard, after taking [bleep] near everything off, realized it comes right out the top... ribbon cable disconnected (more like broken) from the pc board.. No idea how to fix that without taking it to get fixed and have resoldered or a new board..
put it all back together exactly like it was....
Now at power up, blank screen.. nothing, tried to put in discs, it will take them, begin to run them, but still nothing on the monitor.. have gone back and rechecked all connections twice.. no idea.. Is it dead jim?

Advertisements