Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp logon help

• Please log in to reply

kigofar

kigofar

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have just bought a computer from this guy who it has the users on there I think I disabled two of them and am logged on as the last person. forgot to find out the password to the computer. I created my log on infor but when I click log on with my infor it won't do any thing. please help figure out how to create my own

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Start Windows in Safe Mode by tapping F8 as soon as you turn on the PC.
When the Startup Menu appears, choose "Safe Mode".
When the login screen appears click "Administrator".
Windows should start but will look a bit weird since no third-party drivers are loaded in this mode, but that's nothing to worry about.
Now go to Control Panel and create a new account for yourself.
You can also delete the old accounts you don't want while you're there.
When finished, reboot normally and your new account should be available from the logon screen.
If you only have one user account the logon screen may not even appear (boots straight to Windows Desktop) unless you give your account
a password.