Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help i think my camera has a bug :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

krsy

krsy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorta stuck now. Recently, my computer had a virus in it and i didn't know and i connected my slr camera into it. Then i got my computer fix and so i wanted to upload some pictures. and then my computer started acting by itself. help me pls! So here's my questions,

1) Did my camera get the virus from the computer before this? or is it just the memory card?

2) If so, how do i clean my memory card? do i connect via USB cable is it safe?

3) Will my computer get a virus again if i connect my slr to the computer?

4) Can the camera even get the virus?

5) are my pictures infected with the virus and if i upload them to my flickr or blog, does it affect my computer after cleaning it? does the virus come back when i log in my flickr/blog/friendster since the pictures are in it?

I'm scared please help me! this camera is my life sad.

Advertisements

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
krsy, please do not make double posts about your concern. Your original topic in "Geek Talk" has been moved to the Malware Forum where our experts will answer your questions. Please be patient. There are a lot of requests for help in that forum. Your questions will be answered as soon as possible. If you haven't received a response within three days please make a separate post in the Waiting Room with a link to your post in the Malware Forum (it would be helpful to read the directions in the pinned topic "Has it been 3 days"). Whilst you are waiting for a response please do not make any further posts to your topic because our staff look for topics with no replies in which to assist.