Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Problem After Have Installed my CD Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there guys, I wanna tell u something strange that happened to me yesterday after formatting my system.

I was Formatting my system so when i installed my windows again, eveything was going good when suddenly right in the " Starting System that always happens after installing windows xp it reboot serial times as well "
When the problem came up!, something weird as a message saying this phrase:

Please Select The Operating To Start:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

Press ENTER to choose.

" Seconds Until highlighted choice will be Started Automatically: 27,26,25..."

For Troubleshooting and Advanced startup options for windows, press F8.

So when i red this message right in the starting windows system i said " Wha The [bleep] Is Going on "... :) i didnt know what was that and im still without knowing the issue.

NOTE:

before this happens i was using a BOOTABLE CD testing tools and stuff when i got into some tool called NORTON ... and it showed me a blue screen with serial letters and options i was pressing and doing [bleep] so i guess it has something to do with that or i dont know.

So my HELP REQUEST is :

Does anyone can help me on this problem?

I really need to know why this happened, because everytime when i reboot my system this message comes up and i dont really like that and other thing when i get into my system it shows me one error about ... i dont know but im pretty sure it has so much to do with that message, so Guys please give a hand here what can i do to delete this message and make my system, my BIOS and everything work perfectly.

I will Appreciate your help as always.
Thank u in Advance!
Have A Great Day.

By the way this is my file :

[boot loader]
timeout=0
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Nothing is wrong with this so whats going on .. :)

Edited by brady1988, 29 September 2008 - 05:21 PM.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Please ... some help and im sorry if im annoying u but i am really desperate.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You didn't format the entire drive. All you did was add another partition and installed windows on the 2nd partition.

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

This line shows what you did. There is a way to fix the boot loader and get rid of the 2nd windows, but I do not know all the steps.

You could just reformat and make sure you delete the partitons that are there.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Wow Wow stop there man , firstable thx for answer me secondy i cant delete my partitions i use them is there another way to fix this problem please.... i will appreciate ur help bro . thank u! or tell me what to do without deleting my partitions and fix it up.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
someone helps me pls ...