Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Colors are messed up.. Inverted kinda..

• Please log in to reply

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
I checked the themes and messed with it a bit but nothing seems to work. I guess it could just be the monitor... but I plugged it into another comp and it works fine. :) Hard to explain what it looks like, but here's a screeny. I'm afraid the colors will show up normal to you though, and just mydisplay shows it inverted. Everything seems like purple and green. Grr, please help if you can.

PS. I just realized.. the bottom of the screen, like the task bar is normal.. the line of smileys at the bottom of a post topic screen will be the right color, and ill scroll up till they are to the top of the screen and the yellow smileys will be purple. What the...!?

Attached Thumbnails

• inverted_colors.jpg

Advertisements

Jeff Berndsen

Jeff Berndsen

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I misread the post.

Edited by Jeff Berndsen, 30 September 2008 - 11:08 AM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Jeff Berndsen,

This is not a spyware issue. He's referring to the smilies that are available when you make a post on the forum. Only trained helpers are allowed to give malware advice, so please just don't tell people to run a spyware scan.

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Ok, so right now im on a different computer and the picture I just attached is pretty much useless because nothing looks.. out of the ordinary. So pretty much everything that is on the top half of the screen turns like green or purple, but say there was something yellow at the bottom of the screen ill scroll the mouse so its more towards the center or top and it will turn shades of purple. Wierd huh? My Yahoo messenger desktop icon is purple. GARH!!

Jeff Berndsen

Jeff Berndsen

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
When you moved the monitor over to the other computer did you use the same cable?

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Yep, I used the same one. I guess the correct thing to do would be to use another monitor on this comp to see if it still has the discoloring. I'll try that.

IrrevocableXenophile

IrrevocableXenophile

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Well, im not really sure, but I seemed to have helped it alot. I pushed the brightener on the monitor to max and then pushed another button that looks like a magnet with a diagonal line through it. Now all I see is a little bit of purple in the mid center at the very top. Not nearly as bad as before. Thanks to those for helping. Still kinda stumped lol. :)

Tony