Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys wireless card problems

• Please log in to reply

mmillerdc

mmillerdc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Installed a Linksys wireless card and software. Dell router is downstairs. another computer is wireless and fine. trying to set up my Toshiba and cannot get it to go! Getting error message:

ODHOST
CoCreateInstance failed
status is 0x80040154

as well as

runtime error
ODHOST.exe
abmornal program termination

can anyone help? :tazz:

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download the latest driver from linksys AND uninstall any other wireless drivers you may have installed

mmillerdc

mmillerdc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks. I'm pretty new at this..do I have to uninstall first. if not, how do i know whuch install to keep?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I would uninstall the old drivers for this nic and any other....just for the sake of avoiding any potential conflicts (the liklihood of which is very, very small, but why not?)

DFPercush

DFPercush

• Pip
  • 1 posts
See my reply to this thread
http://www.annoyance...n98/t1071439738
-DFPercush

enm

enm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I confess to total ignorance about routers (among other things). Having said that, I recently purchased a Linksys wireless card because the box said it supports Windows ME. I couldn't get the card to work at all on my laptop running Windows ME. I finally called tech support at Linksys and was told that the router worked on some ME machines but not on others.

I took the router back to the store and exchanged it for a NETGEAR. No problems - the NetGear works great.
If all else fails.......