Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL trouble can't install Win TV for HVR-2250

• Please log in to reply

wilson1993

wilson1993

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hauppauge tech support finally gave up on helping me with this problem. I have Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, and I bought Hauppauge HVR-2250 and installed it in my PC, replacing the old Win TV 500.
I uninstalled the old drivers before removing the hardware, then installed the new HVR-2250 in its place. No problem installing the drivers, but when it came to the Win TV software, I was unable to install any version the Hauppauge support could find.
I keep getting the same error message when I try to install Win TV software. See error message below.
[i]Error: The file C:\windows\system32\Msvcirt.dll could not be opened. Please check that your disk is not full and that you have access to destination directory. Access is denied.[/i][b][/b]
I ran every test I could think of, with no luck. My system is free of viruses and other bugs. I tried turning off my anti virus program and everything else that might start with Windows, but I still got the same error message.
I uninstalled all the software that was relatively new, but still no luck. I do not use the UAC that is on Vista. I turned it off long ago, so that is not the problem.
I tried running the installers separately, but that did not help.
The disk is not full, in fact it has 75% free space. I am logged on as an administrator.
I feel like I just wasted my money on the HVR-2250 since I can not get it to work on my system.

Do any of you guys have any ideas, or can you think of anything that I can try?
I would sure appreciate any help at all.
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
wilson1993

Advertisements