Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I logon and all I see is my wallpaper, rocketdock and bitdefender

• Please log in to reply

yorkey.sa

yorkey.sa

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
When I log on my screen looks pretty normal, RocketDock pops up, my taskbar is there and I see my normall wallpaper. After a few seconds the wallpaper goes grey and Desktop Recovery replaces it. Normally what I do to get rid of it when I have it normally is to right click and select my wallpaper and it goes away, when I do this it works but my taskbar disappears and I can't right click anymore.

I tried opening the Task Manager -> New Task -> Explorer/.exe and Desktop Recovery comes on for a few seconds and so does the taskbar but I can't click on it, then it goes away.

It has to have something to do with System Configuration Utility because before this was happening I was going through tutorials on the net to improve connection speed and I read somewhere to uncheck some stuff in the Startup tab. Then I had to restart, and this happened after I logged on. I've done everything now, I've read countless of blogs and websites everywhere. I've gone back to it and ticked those back again but it still doesn't work. There was a popup when I restarted that said I must put it back to "Normal Startup".

I've restarted loads of times, gone into Safe Mode, VGA Mode, Last Known Settings That Worked.... Nothing. I tried a System Restore as well but there was none I could go back to which was a noobish mistake, I should've made points regularly.

The only other thing I did out of the ordinary was download FasterFox from http://www.plunder.c...load-149537.htm and these two programs http://max-internet-...e.qarchive.org/ http://ufaster-inter...c.qarchive.org/

I've tried http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm but didn't work either.

ANY help to get rid of this damnable problem would be awesome!

Edited by yorkey.sa, 01 October 2008 - 07:23 AM.

Advertisements

yorkey.sa

yorkey.sa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Ok I don't know if this is an improvement but I found this topic on here http://www.geekstogo...o....html&st=45, which I tried what Atribune had said.

I rebooted and it seems like it's better but not quite fixed yet. The Active Desktop Recovery pops up randomly every 5 seconds or so and stays for 10, and the taskbar stays and goes with it. The wierd thing is that it loads from the beginning every time the taskbar pops up, which I think must be taking alot of memory or something.

On the desktop wallpaper where Active Desktop Recovery goes I can now click the Restore my Active Desktop button without it having an error like last time but still nothing happens, my wallpaper is back and the taskbar stays for a few seconds then disappears.

I read somewhere a guy had a similiar problem he got rid of it but uninstalling Internet Explorer 7. But when on the Active Desktop Recovery when I click "Restore my Active Desktop" button the title of it is "Microsoft Internet Explorer". I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I'm pretty [bleep] sure I did make a system restore point recently! I had to! It was just before and after the installation of FlyAKite where I had the option of making one or not and I'm pretty sure I made two points.

2 days ago I did run a full system BitDefender scan, one virus and one spyware popped up, the spyware got deleted but the virus is in quarentine. Still no change, and yesterday I did a Avast! scan, nothing came up as far as I know.

Another problem: Avast and Bitdefender won't open now. Avast says:
Avast!: The AAVM subsystem detected a RPC Error.

Bitdefender just does nothing... It doesn't open at all. So I guess this isn't just a small problem, it must be a serious virus. Can anyone move this topic then to the right place?

Edited by yorkey.sa, 03 October 2008 - 12:32 AM.

yorkey.sa

yorkey.sa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sorry to post again here, I'm really not trying to bump my thread as I did read you do older topics first!

I was looking through the msconfig Startup tab, unchecked all of them when I restarted 3 of them were back up. They were lsass, svchost and ikjsipvo. I googled them and they seem like real Windows components, except ikjsipvo. I googled it and nothing came up!

Under command it says "rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ikjspvo,dll",a"
Location is "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" but so were the other two.

Below the checked "ikjsipvo" there's another one, exactly the same just unchecked. I know I may be giving useless bits of information here but I'm giving whatever might be necessary to help. I hate my pc being like this

Edited by yorkey.sa, 04 October 2008 - 08:52 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

yorkey.sa

yorkey.sa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
:) Thanks dude I followed the link and the instructions, the Malwarebytes did it for me. Thanks G2G! :)