Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operating System not found

• Please log in to reply

AcidTwilight

AcidTwilight

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi...
Today, when I tried to turn on my Windows Vista (Vaio) NR series, it didn't work. The Vaio logo appeared, and was frozen for a preternaturally long time, then a black screen appeared and it was written in the top left corner "Operating System not found".

I've tried to turn it off and on again, but the same thing keeps happening. Please help! =(

Additional Details:
It was bought last May or so, so it's pretty new.
The sound of Internet wasn't working...Everything else that was supposed to make a sound made a sound, but not Internet. I downloaded this program, and the sound worked again for a couple of days, then went back to being mute.
The day before, I accidentally put it on Lock instead of Hibernate, pressed the power button, but it made strange sounds; it wouldn't turn off, and had a sort of error message repeated. I turned it off by holding down the Power button, and then left it overnight. And now I can't turn it on...

Please help! I'd be really grateful...

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Use the Recovery disc or built-in recovery program to restore the laptop to what was pre-installed on it originally.